18/05/2016

Extended Practice Evaluation


Overall I feel that I’ve really learnt a lot this year and it’s been my most valuable one at university I really started to engage and wrestle with what my practice is and what that means for me going forward, I’ve also stopped limiting myself to wanting to just do comic books and I’ve moved on from that comics aren’t for me and that’s ok. I gained a lot of experience this week from working with nightmare clients to more collaborative work, I feel my works really starting to head in interesting directions and I’m excited to see where it takes me. I feel like I'm finally at a point with my work where I can finally describe it accurately and concisely to someone who has no idea about illustration or design, which is really encouraging as it's given me direction moving forwards.

I think one of the problems I've had in this module had been direction which got resolved towards the end of the year and I think the work really improved after that. I also had a problem with my Nike brief that I tried to take too much on and take on multiple roles that I wouldn't need to do when I leave uni, This lead to problems resolving the project as I wanted to do everything. I had this problem with a couple of briefs where I tried to make them all Big Kahunas and huge briefs where I should have been working smaller and then capitalising on the work. I feel some of the more succesful briefs were ones where I didn't worry about the outcome and enjoyed the process like the composition brief and the Nike brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment